Dabee's Twits!

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 14

    Weekend in Taipei

    My annual wkend stay in Taipei is here again!

    If not for my presentation on coming Monday, which leaves me quite a bit of prep work to do now, like in the hotel in Taipei, I should be enjoying my short holiday ALOT more.. hurhur~

    Anyways.. the weather here is good. it was drizzling yesterday when I went to 士林夜市, but that did not drench my shopping/ makan mood! I meant to buy by 雞排 first and then shop while eating.. but ended up shopping for an hour before my stomach started calling out for food.. lol. I missed the 蜜酥雞排 so much! yumz!

    Today's temperature is lower than yesterday (17C), but no rain! fantastic day to be out shopping and eating! Met S at 12pm.. she's very kind to help me get all the snacks I need (orders from friends/ relatives you see) and brought it up to my hotel room! And then we went for 酸菜白肉鍋 at a makan place at the intersection of 忠孝東路 and 延吉街. My first time eating 豬肉凍and鴨血. Delicious lei! Thanks to S for the treat! =) Shopped abit at 忠孝復興 area.. and saw a rally going on on the main road! Another first-time experience for me. =)

    芒果冰at 永康街was nice too.. love having cold desserts during cold weather.. reminded me of having ice creams during my winter visit to BeiJing and Japan last year! S then went home.. while I continued to shop for abit.. before my bag became heavy with all the masks and cosmetics (they are for my friends and colleagues).. and I took a cab back to hotel to unload the shopping. From 永康街 to 昆明街 in 西門町 is about 175NT cab ride with quite heavy traffic. Not expensive at all I'd say!

    Now, I'm back at the hotel writing this, while eating my 阿宗麵線 and drinking my 珍珠奶茶. Following a 2-hr plus shopping at 西門町徒步區. Met a s'porean couple, who actually thought I was local, and asked me for directions! Funny thing is, I actually can show them the right way, am so proud of myself man.. I can't even be that confident in showing directions back in SG lor.. remembered there was 1 time in SG when I actually gave the wrong direction, it was like about a year back.. haha.

    This is like a short weekend getaway, with lots of shopping and eating.. which I like! Remind me I should be restarting my gym routine very very soon.. like next week! I don't think I want to remember how much I spend here.. Think Mr Teoh will not be happy about it =X

    Just a note on how crazy I am.. 5 pairs of footwear in less than 2 days.. actually.. 24hours to be exact. Which partly explains the headache I'm having now.. trying to strategize my luggage packing. hehe. OK, but before that.. finish dinner and a warm bath!