Dabee's Twits!

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 9

    i wonder what's the problem with savings and insurance plans outdoor direct selling (esp jurong east interchange cos i go there most frquently) they are getting on my nerves with each time they approach me with such a fake smile and then asking "hi, can you take a few minutes to help me with this survey?" or "hi miss, are you a student or are you working?"

    bloody hell almost the majority knows this is no fucking survey la.. just trying to make us stop, listen to you and give you our information so you can gather cust database.. hopefully sign up a plan or two with you rite? i know it's not the sales ppl's fault la, they're working afterall.. is this method really effective? i really didn't mean to be so rude or bitch when someone attempts to stop me.. initially i'll return their greeting and listen for a while when i have the time.. when it comes to the third or fourth time, i just smiled and said "i don't want to waste your time but sorry i'm not interested" or "i'm late for my work, in a rush, sorry".. sometimes i tried pretending talking on my phone or simply plug on my earpiece. i'm surprised listening to music doesn't help, they'll wave at you and stand in front of you just so you can stop.. come to think of it, it's kind of rude isn't it?

    recently when i see them wandering around the compound on my way down on the escalator, i'll start to frown, cringe my face up like i had a really bad day or pms.. giving them the you-better-don't-talk-to-me-or-i'll-bite-your-head-off look.. ha.. it works, most of the time la.. or i'll walk real fast (not much use cos the guys will walk as fast and talk to u at the same time).. sometimes i'll start talking to prevent them from asking questions. "i know, you are from blablabla, it's abt savings and insurance plan rite? many of your collegues have told me. i'm still studying and i don't want any plans until i graduate." then i'll walk off.

    i'm not sure how effective their selling methods are or how stiff the competition is with all the banks trying to sell their plans.. but this method is simply getting on i believe, many ppl's nerves. not to mention some of the sales people are trying too hard and it's intimidating.. (i'll be shocked if they're taught to be intimidating) consequences on potential customers like me is not pleasant at all, i'll bitch them, be mean if they step on my toes. some of you may be thinking if each time the person who approached me is not the same, then it's unfair to be mean to them.. DO I HAVE TO CARE? anyway, i've met more than one person who tried to stop me twice within 3 hours on the same day..

    i just hope someone brlliant come up with a better direct selling approach.. it's not nice to see the sales people chasing after people and cheating them by asking them to do a short survey that ends up taking more than half an hour to explain and sign a contract that dimishes your cash flow at the wrong time..